Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This Time Last Year







This time last year I was headed to the hospital... What a rush!! I was induced because my blood pressure was elevated and they wanted me to come the night before my induction. I took Shuler (the dog) to my Aunt's house, made sure everything was in my suitcase, including hats, bows, and outfits, sat and waitied on Ben to get home to take me in. I have never been that excited in my life but I was scared too. My main concern was wanting my girl to be here and be healthy. I had no idea what to expect. I remember my dad and my mother-in-law coming to the hospital that night which I am so thankful for. They kept my mind off things. I sure could have used my mom that night as well as everyday since then but God has a plan and I must believe that. They induced me that morning, broke my water, and the birthing process started. I didn't dilate much at all and thought we were in for a long day and night. But, suddenly around 4:00 pm I went from a 3 to a 9. I am not too proud to say that I had an epidural and it was great. The birthing process was so easy. I pushed for about 20 minutes and our beautiful baby girl was in my arms. 10 fingers, 10 toes...absolutely perfect! I have never loved my husband as much as I did that moment I saw him hold her in his arms. We were now a family! Then the room flooded with tons of family and friends. I wish I could mention them all but there were to many to mention but I am grateful for every single one of them. I wanted everyone to share this experience with us. Bailey I love you! Ben, thank you for giving me the most precious gift anyone could ever give me, I love you! Happy Birthday post tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment